* You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
* You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
* You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
* You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
* You cannot lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer.
* You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
* You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
* You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
* You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.
* You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
5 points by reverend Adrian Pierce Rogers (1931 - 2005)
* You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
* You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.
* What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
* The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
* When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,
and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for,
that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.