Christians and Muslims have much in common
- not only because we all are humans,
- not only because both Christianity and Islam originated in the Middle East
- and trace their ancestry back to Abraham,
- but also because Jesus Christ is a holy figure in Islam.
This is rarely known to the Western public
- and is often overlooked by the mass media.
- It is thus saddening to see that some extremists and violent events of recent years
- and the mass media’s thirst for polarization and confrontation
- have portrayed an anti-Christian Islamic world against the Christian Western world.
- Such a polarization does not really exist in either Christianity or Islam
- it is portrayed only to serve certain political and misguided doctrinal purposes
( Collapse )