How is it that the more the press lambastes Trump, the better he does?
- A big factor is public distrust of the press.
- According to a poll this past spring, just 6% of the public trusts the media.
- In the eyes of the public, the press is too willing to sacrifice accuracy – and the public trust
- on the altar of their personal ideologies.
- This goes a long way toward explaining why the press’ visceral – and visible - loathing of Trump
- translates to increasing popular support for him.
( Collapse )