Higher Superstition selected a number of these papers, contained (idiotic. - H.N.) statements:
- that suggested that the authors had no idea what the original text meant,
- but nevertheless felt they were able to critique it anyway.
- The result was a series of non-sensical statements.
- That alone was not disconcerting, since poor quality papers are being created all the time
What was disconcerting is
- that these papers were being accepted into major journals
- serving the postmodernist community