The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ("CFPB") fined Equifax and TransUnion for deceiving consumers
- about the usefulness and actual cost of credit scores they sold to consumers
- The CFPB ordered TransUnion and Equifax to truthfully represent the value of the credit scores they provide
- and the cost of obtaining those credit scores & other services
- TransUnion and Equifax must pay a total of more than $17.6 million in restitution to consumers,
- and fines totaling $5.5 million to the CFPB.
Are you surprised?( Collapse )