Ariel Sharon came to Washington for meetings with George W. and for a state dinner
- Laura Bush decided to bring in a special Kosher chef and offer a truly Jewish meal.
- At the dinner that night, the first course served is matzo ball soup.
- George W. looks at this and after learning what it is called,
- he tells an aide that he can't eat such a gross and strange-looking brew
The aide wispers that Mr. Sharon will be insulted if he doesn't at least taste it
- Not wanting to cause any trouble
- (after all, he ate sheep's eye in honor of Arab guests),
- George W. gingerly lowers his spoon into the bowl and retrieves a piece of matzo ball and some broth.
- He hesitates, then swallows.
A big grin appears on his face. He finds that he really likes it
- so he digs right in and finishes the whole bowl.
- "That was delicious," Bush says to Sharon.
- "Do you Jews eat any other part of the Matzo, or just the balls?"