Marriage to Anne More:
- During the next 4 years, he fell in love with Egerton's niece Anne More.
- They were married just before Christmas in 1601,
- against the wishes of both Egerton and George More,
- who was Lieutenant of the Tower and Anne's father.
This wedding ruined Donne's career:
- earned him a short stay in Fleet Prison,
- along with Samuel Brooke, who married them, and
- the man, who acted as a witness to the wedding.
- Donne was released, when the marriage was proven valid, and
- he soon secured the release of the other two.
Walton tells us that when Donne wrote to his wife:
- to tell her about losing his post,
- he wrote after his name:
- "John Donne, Anne Donne, Un-done".
Динь-дон, Джон Донн: http://borisakunin.livejournal.com/52282.html
Дан Иван, и отдан