"You could take all the gold that's ever been mined:
- it would fill a cube 67 feet (20.42 meters. - X.H. :) in each direction
- For what that's worth at current gold prices, you could buy:
- all -- not some -- all of the farmland in the US
- plus, you could buy 10 Exxon Mobils
- plus, have $1 trillion of walking-around money
- Or you could have a big shiny cube of metal
- Which would you take?
- Which is going to produce more value?"
-- Warren Buffet
"since October 2010:
- Exxon Mobile’s share price climbed by around 27%, however,
- gold appreciated by 57% over the same period.
The Oracle of Omaha prefers Exxon Mobile. Which would you choose? Duh…
Since January 2002:
- Berkshire Hathaway’s share price has climbed 65%, but
- gold is up 483% over the same period."
-- Andy Hecht