A bill to register gold and silver coins: It had to come. It has been introduced in Illinois, the most anti-gun state in the USA. ... Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act.
Provides that a person in the business of purchasing precious metal, shall:
- obtain a proof of ownership,
- create a record of the sale, and
- verify the identity of the seller,
- not pay for the precious metal in cash, and
- record the method of payment,
- keep a record of the sale for one year, or,
- if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years.
Provides that a person violated the Act is:
- guilty of a petty offense and
- subject to a fine not exceeding $500.
Provides that the Attorney General may:
- inspect records,
- investigate an alleged violation, and
- take action to collect civil penalties.
Dominant Social Theme: to keep everyone safe.
Bonus - история контроля и конфискации драгметаллов в Америке:
1. О конфискации золотишка в Пендостане, 1933 - http://hojja-nusreddin.livejournal.com/2199662.html
2. Never, Ever Keep Gold or Cash in a Bank Safety Deposit Box, 2011 - http://hojja-nusreddin.livejournal.com/2637798.html
3. Gold and Silver Registration in Illinois, 2013 - http://hojja-nusreddin.livejournal.com/3058336.html