Every war since the 1940's has always originated by a threat to the petrol dollar.
Few have figured out that when you can print all the money you want, oil is not the problem, but keeping that status is.
On the heels of Russia's potential "holy grail" gas deal with China,
the news of a Russia-Iran oil "barter" deal, it appears the US is starting to get very concerned about its almighty Petrodollar:
* U.S. HAS WARNED RUSSIA, IRAN AGAINST POSSIBLE OIL BARTER DEAL
* U.S. SAYS ANY SUCH DEAL WOULD TRIGGER SANCTIONS
* U.S. HAS CONVEYED CONCERNS TO IRANIAN GOVT THROUGH ALL CHANNELS
We suspect these sanctions would:
- have more teeth than some travel bans, but, as we noted previously,
- it is just as likely to be another epic geopolitical debacle,
- resulting from what was originally intended to be a demonstration of strength and
- instead is rapidly turning out into a terminal confirmation of weakness.