02. Valerie Holman, ‘Carefully Concealed Connections: The Ministry of Information and British Publishing, 1939- 1946ʼ, Book History, vol. 8 (2005), pp. 197-226 - http://www.jstor.org/stable/30227376
03. Valerie Holman, ʻKem's Cartoons in the Second World Warʼ, History Today, vol. 52.3 (March 2002), pp. 21-7.
04. A. Wynn, ‘The Shāh-nāme and British propaganda in Irān in World War IIʼ, Manuscripta orientalia 16/1 (June 2010), pp. 3-5 + back cover - http://www.islamicmanuscripts.info/reference/articles/mo-16-1-201006/wynn-2010-shahnama.pdf
05. A.J. Arberry. ʻThe disciple: A.J. Arberryʼ, in Oriental Essays: Portraits of Seven Scholars, London: George Allen & Unwin, 1960, pp. 233-56 -
06. Encyclopaedia Iranica: ‘Anglo-Iranian relations iii: the Pahlavi period’, by R.W. Ferrier - http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/anglo-iranian-relations-iii#pt3
07. ‘Russia ii: Iranian-Soviet relations (1917-1991)’ by N.M. Mamedova - http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/russia-ii-iranian-soviet-relations-1917-1991
08. On the Ministry of Information, see ‘Make Do and Mend’: A Publishing and Communications History of the Ministry of Information, 1939-45 a research project at the Institute of English Studies, School of Advanced Studies, University of London - http://www.ies.sas.ac.uk/research/ministry-information
09. On 2nd World War German propaganda, see ʻGerman propaganda in Sharjahʼ, by Louis Allday, Gulf History/Arabic Specialist, British Library/Qatar Foundation Partnership - http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/untoldlives/2013/07/german-propaganda-in-sharjah.html
10. The Shahnameh as propaganda for World War II - http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/asian-and-african/2013/05/the-shahnameh-as-propaganda-for-world-war-ii.html
Left: the moment when Ahriman-Goebbels, disguised as Zahhak-Hitler’s cook, causes serpents with the faces of Mussolini and Tojo to grow out of his shoulders.
Right: Zahhak-Hitler executing the innocent and tyrannising the population.