“Burisma’s track record of innovations and industry leadership in the field of natural gas means that it can be a strong driver of a strong economy in Ukraine. As a new member of the Board, I believe that my assistance in consulting the Company on matters of transparency, corporate governance and responsibility, international expansion and other priorities will contribute to the economy and benefit the people of Ukraine.”
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Burisma Holdings, Mr. Alan Apter, noted:
“The company’s strategy is aimed at the strongest concentration of professional staff and the introduction of best corporate practices, and we’re delighted that Mr. Biden is joining us to help us achieve these goals.”
R. Hunter Biden is:
- a counsel to Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP, a national law firm based in New York, USA, which served in cases including “Bush vs. Gore”, and “U.S. vs. Microsoft”;
- one of the co-founders and a managing partner of the investment advisory company Rosemont Seneca Partners, as well as
- chairman of the board of Rosemont Seneca Advisors;
- an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University’s Masters Program in the School of Foreign Service.
- Mr. Biden has experience in public service and foreign policy;
- a director for the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition,
- the Center for National Policy, and
- the Chairman’s Advisory Board for the National Democratic Institute.
- hHaving served as a Senior Vice President at MBNA bank,
- former U.S. President Bill Clinton appointed him an Executive Director of E-Commerce Policy Coordination under Secretary of Commerce William Daley;
- Mr. Biden served as Honorary Co-Chair of the 2008 Obama-Biden Inaugural Committee.
- Mr. Biden is a member of the bar in the State of Connecticut, and the District of Columbia, the U.S. Supreme Court, and the Court of Federal Claims.
He received a Bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University, and a J.D. from Yale Law School.
R. Hunter Biden is also a well-known public figure:
- he is chairman of the Board of the World Food Programme U.S.A., together with
- the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the United Nations World Food Programme.
In this capacity he offers assistance to the poor in developing countries, fighting hunger and poverty, and helping to provide food and education to 300 million malnourished children around the world.
Burisma Holdings Company Background:
Burisma Holdings is a privately owned oil and gas company with assets in Ukraine and operating in the energy market since 2002.
To date, the company holds a portfolio with permits to develop fields in:
- the Dnieper-Donets,
- the Carpathian and
- the Azov-Kuban basins.
In 2013, the daily gas production grew steadily and at year-end amounted to:
- 11.6 thousand BOE (barrels of oil equivalent – incl. gas, condensate and crude oil), or
- 1.8 million m3 of natural gas.
The company sells these volumes in the domestic market through traders, as well as directly to final consumers.