1. America is capitalist and greedy, yet half of the population is subsidized.
2. Being subsidized, yet they think they are victims.
3. Thinking they are victims, yet they elect representatives, who are running the government.
4. Running the government, yet they keep getting poorer.
5. Getting poorer, yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
6. Having things enviable in other countries, yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
And that sums up the USA in the 21st Century.
3 Lessons on irony about our culture & government:
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics,
but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
2. We constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?
What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't.
3. The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture,
is proud to distribute the greatest amount of free meals and Food Stamps ever
to 47 million people (the most recent figures available in 2013).
Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us:
"Please Do Not Feed the Animals, cause animals will become dependent and stop caring of themselves".