Regular exercise like having sex and dancing are ‘miracle cures staring us in the face’, leading doctors have said.
Some of the country’s top medical professionals at the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
examined existing evidence into the benefits of exercise, as part of a new review for the NHS.
And doctors concluded that:
- 30 minutes of exercise
– including sex, walking and dancing
– performed 5 times per week
- would dramatically lower our risk of contracting: cancer, dementia, heart disease and diabetes.
The risk of getting the following diseases would be slashed by up to:
- heart disease - 40%,
- stroke and dementia - 30%,
- breast cancer - 25%,
- bowel cancer rates - nearly 50%
the report found.
The report said that getting Britons to exercise for just 2.5 hours total per week could save the NHS billions each year.
детство британских учоных