What is Biohistory?
- Basically, it’s the idea that the main moving force of history is the biological characteristics of individual people.
- Penman comes up with several such characteristics, assigning them letters C, V, S, and so on.
- For example, C is “a physiological system that adjusts behavior to conditions of limited food.
- Characteristics of C in humans include:
--- hard work, discipline, and willingness to sacrifice present consumption for future benefit.”
--- Penman then comes up with a variety of factors that affect how C changes with time in a particular society.
- Книга: http://www.biohistory.org/the-books/academic-version/
- Рецензия в Телеграфе: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11562374/Britain-is-experiencing-same-decline-as-Rome-in-100BC.html
- Критика книги Турчиным: http://peterturchin.com/blog/2015/06/14/biohistory-my-thoughts-on-jim-penmans-book
- Теория Био-Истории: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biohistory