Quickly see the historical performance of a given flight on websites such as FlightStats.com
2. Check in online starting 24 hours in advance.
- If you don’t have access to a printer, send boarding passes to a mobile phone, if you can.
- Get a seat assignment to lessen chances of being bumped from an overbooked flight.
- Consider paying extra at booking for a good seat
- If you’re taking a “codeshare” flight, involving partner airlines, know which carrier’s gate to go to. It can be confusing.
3. Gather intel before heading to the airport.
- I use FlightAware.com to see if my plane is delayed.
- If it’s coming from somewhere else, I also track it on that site.
- I use airport websites or iFly.com to see wait times at security checkpoints.