Conservatives remember their 2012 loss vividly
- The Right was confident that President Obama would be defeated
- The Romney campaign didn’t even have a concessions speech written for the outcome that had President Obama winning re-election.
- It was deeply upsetting for a few hours...
- and then we had to get back to business
We did NOT:
- set dumpsters on fire
- hold protests
- say that Obama was an illegitimate president
--- (those who did are just un-serious)
We all knew Obama won both elections handily and decisively
- In the end, the GOP set about retaking Congress and the presidency
- which culminated as a resounding success by 2016
The GOP became the dominant political force in the country now
- with Democrats, once thought to be invincible through demographics
- finding themselves a marginalized, weak, and regional party.
The presidential election also showed us that voting results could be a triggering event
- I’m not kidding: the State Department had stress management classes
- offered to their employees
- after President-elect Donald Trump’s win over Hillary Clinton
- It was an effort to help them manage their fear!
Liz Harrington of The Washington Free Beacon had more:
- The State Department held stress management sessions
- following Donald Trump’s presidential election victory,
- providing employees tips for how to cope with change
- so they do not “become paralyzed by fear”
- The workshops, titled “The Emotional Transition: Managing the Stress of Change”
- were held by the State Department’s Bureau of Medical Services on Dec. 8 and 14
- just one month after the department’s former boss, Hillary Clinton, was defeated.
- The purpose of the post-election seminars
--- which were open to all Foggy Bottom employees, contractors, interns, and workers for the U.S. Agency for International Development
- was to dive into the “emotional cycles” of change.
It’s almost as if liberals forgot that when elections are held, there is a chance that their candidate could lose.