You catch wild pigs by:
- finding a suitable place in the woods and
- putting corn on the ground.
- The pigs find it and
- begin to come every day to eat the free food.
When they are used to coming every day, you start putting down a fence around that place
- one side at a time.
- When they get used to one new side of the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and
- you put up another side of the fence.
- They get used to that and start to eat again.
- You continue until you have all 4 sides of the fence up with a gate in the last side.
The pigs will start to come through the gate to eat that free corn
- You then slam the gate on them and catch the whole herd.
- Suddenly the wild pigs have lost their freedom
- They run around and around inside the fence, but they are caught.
Soon they will forget their freedom & concentrate on eating the free corn
- They are so used to it that they have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves,
- so they accept their captivity
That is exactly what he sees happening in America!
- The government keeps pushing us toward Communism/Socialism and
- keeps spreading the free corn out in the form of programs such as:
--- supplemental income,
--- tax credit for unearned income,
--- tax exemptions,
--- subsidies: tobacco, dairy, payments not to plant crops (CRP), welfare entitlements, medicine, drugs, etc.
- while we continually lose our freedoms, just a little at a time.
One should always remember 2 truths:
- There is no such thing as a free lunch, and
- you can never hire someone to provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself.
BUT, God help us all when the gate slams shut!
The problems we face today are there because:
- those, who work for a living, are now outnumbered by
- those, who vote for a living.