As the war against Fake News continued to devolve into pure madness
- with no authority truly able to right the ship,
- Facebook and Google decided that Snopes was the answer.
- These 2 liberal leviathans of the online world would give the job to the husband and wife team behind the debunking website
- and then forcefully interject the Snopes opinion in their own search results.
- The obviously flawed plan is currently still in place.
- But for how long?
“So-called ‘fact-checking’ website Snopes.com is reportedly on the verge of financial collapse
- since one if its founders has been accused of using company cash
1. to fund his contentious divorce and
2. to pay for fancy vacations with his new wife, a former escort and porn actress.
- “The financial situation has apparently become so dire that Snopes owner David Mikkelson launched a crowd-funding website
- to solicit donations, according to London’s Daily Mail
- Readers contributed more than $500,000 in just the first 24 hours.
“Snopes.com’s founders - former husband and wife David and Barbara Mikkelson, have been embroiled in a lengthy and bitter legal dispute
- in the wake of their divorce
- At one point, Barbara accused the CEO of using company money for prostitutes
- Barbara also accused her ex-husband of embezzling more than $100,000 in company funds
- She urged the court to limit access to David’s bank account because she said
- she feared he would drain the company funds due to his wild spending habits.
“David claimed Barbara also took millions from their joint accounts
- and bought property in Las Vegas
- He has since remarried to a former escort and porn actress, Elyssa Young
- who is one of the site’s staff members
- Young, who was a Las Vegas escort until at least 2015, charged $500 for her services
- She also starred in porn films as ‘Erin O’Bryn'
This, folks, is the group in charge of determining “fake news” for the liberals
The original posting was made at http://hojja-nusreddin.dreamwidth.org/4008114.html