develop a cognitive test to determine the creative potential of NASA engineers and rocket scientists
- After formulating the test, they gave it to NASA for it to be used, and
- it was found to be highly effective in fulfilling NASA's wishes.
- after that scientists began to study about creativity in the human brain:
--- where creativity comes from
--- whether it's a learned trait or inborn
They gave the highly specialized test to 1,600 children of 4 & 5 years old
--- 98% of them fell under the genius category
- then they tested 10 years old, mostly from the original set of test takers
--- only 30% fell under the creative genius category
- adults performed even worse at the test
--- only 2% recorded test scores that fell under the creative genius bracket
What exactly does this all mean?
- in a recently conducted TEDx talk, Dr. Land shared details of a study
- that concluded that people somehow lose their creative side because of the dull education system that they underwent