According to an analysis by the World Economic Forum (WEF):
- there was a combined retirement savings gap in excess of $70 trillion in 2015
- spread between 8 major economies.
- the deficit is growing by $28 billion every 24 hours
- if nothing is done to slow the growth rate, the deficit will reach $400 trillion by 2050, or
- about 5 times the size of the global economy today.
- The group of economies studied: Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Japan, India, China, the United Kingdom, and the United States