If you think democracy is broken, here's an idea: let's replace politicians with randomly selected people.
- Author and activist Brett Hennig presents a compelling case for sortition democracy,
- or random selection of government officials
- a system with roots in ancient Athens
- that taps into the wisdom of the crowd and
- entrusts ordinary people with making balanced decisions for the greater good of everyone.
- Sound crazy?
- Learn more about how it could work to create a world free of partisan politics.