Incels (a portmanteau of "involuntary celibates") are self-identifying members of an online subculture:
- who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner
- despite desiring one,
- a state of - as they describe it - inceldom.
Self-identified incels are mostly:
- have committed at least 4 mass murders in North America.
Discussions in incel forums are often characterized by:
- resentment, misanthropy, self-pity, self-loathing
- misogyny, racism
- a sense of entitlement to sex
- the endorsement of violence against sexually active people
Liberastia describes the incel sub-culture as:
- part of the online male supremacist ecosystem
- that is a member of the liberastia's list of hate groups