1. Walk Toward the Fire
- you can't avoid the battle.
2. Frame the opponent's personal agenda
- by taking away the facade of their false impartiality & moral superiority.
3. Frame the debate topic
- find & state the reality of the debate.
4. Spot inconsistencies in the opponents argument.
5. Force them to answer your questions.
6. Don't get distracted with the red herring or rabbit holes.
7. If you don't know something, admit it immediately.
8. You don't have to be sucked into the paradigm.
- defend only the positions you believe in,
- not the ones that come from "our guy", that you don't really believe in.
9. Let the opponent have a meaningless victory
- agree with false terminology they pervert, but then
- make them define it
10. Body language matters
- he who gets angry first - loses.
"Bill Clinton has 3 forms of handshake; 4, if you include Lewinsky"